When choosing which platform to host your new website on, it is important to think about many considerations. Here's just a short list to start with:
What are your business plans for the future and can your current website keep up?
- Will your platform have the capabilities for future growth and longevity?
- Will your financial investment make things easier, save time and money in the long run, improve the customer experience and overall success of your business long term?
- What future ongoing costs are required in hosting your website?
- Will your website have the capacity for future Seach Engine Optimisation and success in Google Rankings, increasing traffic and ultimately conversions to your business?
- Will you need to keep spending your hard earned dollars on hiring a website designer/developer, every time you need to make a little change to the website? Or is the dashboard very user friendly and easy to manage and edit as often as you like yourself without extra $$?
- Are the design options available - modern, on trend and in keeping with your Competitors standard of website? Or are they clunky, unprofessional looking, not optimised for customer experience, outdated, unappealing or confusing?
- Do you need to organise separate web hosting, email hosting, domain name registry, external e-commerce plugins, constant software updates and additional monthly fees to all sorts of different companies or is it an All in One easy solution for you that is easy to manage and grow with your business in the one place?
- Is the site going to be hosted in a secure SSL certified server (the green lock up top of URL, just like bank websites and government websites) or is it vulnerable to hacking and constant website issues and bugs?
- Does the company have a good reputation and user statistics to give confidence of continuing growth of the business as well as security for continual support and continuing to provide the services?
- Will your website hosting come with an 'army' behind your business with 24/7 technical support and ongoing platform maintenance to reduce downtime and keep your business running smoothly?
- Is your website going to be easy accessible from anywhere you can access Internet in the World?
- Will your platform have limitations such as product limits, lack of analytics to monitor your business closely, customisation options?
- Will your platform integrate well with multiple sales channels such as Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, EBay etc.?
- Will your platform integrate well with other programs such as Online Accounting Software, Wholesale Management, Inventory, Point of Sale?
- Will the speed of your website keep up with your customer demand? Or is the bandwidth limited and likely to freeze for customers during peak times or launches? Will you consequently have to pay more later to increase your bandwidth as your business grows?
- Can you add on features to your website easily, such as Blog, Social Media integration, gift cards, gift registry, wishlist, photo galleries, email marketing pop ups, announcement banners, out of stock notifications, pre order functions, sales and discounting, bundle buys and much more?